You're probably wondering “how exactly would the Co-Pilot program help me?”
The best way to answer this is to ask a lawyer who’s in the program, like Kerry Wallis who says:
“Before I joined I felt overwhelmed with so many things that I felt I should be doing but not knowing where to start.
Having access to Ernie & the other lawyers in this program helped me feel like I had a valuable resource to turn to, and it gave me relief that I had a time/place that I know will address my questions.
I've appreciated being able to count on someone who is also helping me on my business. Usually, it's just me at my firm that is working on the business, and I hate feeling like it is all on my shoulders.
With Ernie, I have someone who is giving me concrete steps to improve my situation. All of it is very doable, and it never feels like too much, and so I can keep moving forward.
And I get great insights from other lawyers and consultants through the Slack group, and regular Zoom calls.
All these resources help me to keep working “on” my business, not just “in” my business."—Kerry Wallis, Hermosa Beach, CA
The 4 Most Common Questions
Here are the most common questions folks have about the program:
1. What’s included in the program
2. Who are the group mentors? And how much mentoring do you get?
3. How much is the subscription, and how do I apply to join?
4. How will I know if the program is a good fit for me and my practice?
These are all important questions, so let's address them one at a time…
1. What’s included in the program?
But there are 40+ more lessons that are exclusive to the Co-Pilot program so that the total is almost 90 lessons in all (which you can scroll down and take a look at below).
The lessons are grouped into several modules, such as:
- Foundational topics: mindset, vision for your firm, and defining your ideal practice
- Systems and streamlining, including task management, email efficiency, online scheduling tools and tactics, data security, backup, password management, and how to choose practice management software.
- Paperless law practice, including PDF skills training, cloud-document storage, best scanner options, and digital file management tools and practices.
- Automation, especially text automation such as creating form documents more quickly and reliably.
- Delegation & Outsourcing, including how to outsource legal work to part-time virtual assistants that you can hire on-demand on a per-project basis.
- Marketing fundamentals that you must know before hiring anyone or spending any money on advertisements of any kind.
- Referral Marketing and Online Marketing, essential strategies, and tactics—including the keys for creating a tasteful website that helps you attract your ideal clients in a steady stream in a low-cost way by using the power of automation.
- Resource Library with over 30 checklists, templates, short guides and workbooks
TWO (2) Monthly Zoom Meetings - The leader of the Co-Pilot program, Ernie Svenson, does two Zoom meetings per month, one related to operations, and one related to marketing.
The sessions create the opportunity for Q&A amongst all of the participants. The Zoom meetings are recorded for later viewing so if you can’t make it to the live session you can watch the whole even.
In addition to the Zoom meetings, there's also an online discussion group (hosted on the Slack web platform). Read more about that below...
2. What kind of coaching and mentoring do you get?
First, you get personal coaching from Ernie Svenson. And you get immediate access to him right after you join because you and he will spend an hour together via Zoom He'll gather details about your practice and come up with a tailored plan, focusing on a FEW KEY THINGS that will lead to the most important improvements in your practice.
And you'll get convenient access to Ernie via a private online chat area (Slack) that he checks every day, several times throughout the day.
You can ask questions there in the public discussion area, and not only get advice from Ernie but also from fellow lawyers. And you can get help from knowledgeable consultants that Ernie allows to have access to the Slack discussion group.
Finally, You'll also get emails from Ernie once a week, with practical advice on how to improve your practice. And you can email him back if you have follow-up questions regarding that advice.
3. How much is the subscription?
First of all, you have to apply to join. But in terms of "cost" the lawyers who have joined consider the Co-Pilot program as an investment rather than an expense.
That said, the subscription is $149/month. Once you apply and are accepted, you'll be locked in at that rate as long as you stay in the program (even if the subscription goes up, as it has several times already and inevitably will again).
And you're free to cancel at any time, by clicking a link in the members' area or by emailing us and requesting that we cancel your subscription.
4. How will I know if the Co-Pilot program is a good fit for me and my practice?
We're confident that you’ll find it helpful, but the best way for you to know is to apply and (if you're accepted) check it out yourself.
You can try it risk-free for 30 days because if (for any reason) during the first 30 days you decide that the Co-Pilot program is not for you then let us know and we’ll refund the money you paid.
Why am are we willing to make this guarantee? Simple, because the lawyers who join Co-Pilot all have overwhelmingly positive experiences.
And after the first 30 days you will be billed automatically (each month until you decide to cancel, which you can do at any time for any reason).
The subscription price of the program has risen over time as we've added more content and created overall improvements. But your subscription rate will be locked in forever.
So, you can be confident that you'll get increased value without having to pay anything extra.
Finally, a reminder of what the value is...
Here's what some members say:
Ernie helps lawyers overcome the “shiny object” black hole of technology in the practice of law by getting back to the basics of lawyers running a business and utilizing technology and systems in appropriate ways.” David Hoyt
“I really feel that Ernie understands the challenges lawyers face when running their business." —Bin Xia Zhang, Quebec, Canada
I have been practicing law for nearly 43 years. So, I’ve been around long enough to recognize the real deal. Ernie is the real deal.” – Tom Walker
"Will steer you clear of the distracting shiny objects and keeps you calmly focused on the essentials for success in the business of your law firm." —Page Kistler, Virginia Beach, Virginia
I’m a true believer. I think you are showing lawyers how to transform small-firm practices in a way I don’t see anyone else being able to do.” —Todd Smith
It is clear that you love helping people.”—Catherine Fairchild
I really do enjoy helping people, especially solo and small firm lawyers who yearn to tap the power of technology to dramatically improve their practices.
If you want to join a cheerful group of growth-minded lawyers like you, then click here to set up a free 30-minute call to discuss if the program is right for you.
Ernie Svenson is a New Orleans lawyer who learned to create a simpler, more streamlined, and more enjoyable way of practicing law. After he did this, fellow lawyers wanted to know how they could do this too, so he showed them.
For over a decade, he's helped hundreds of solo and small firm lawyers—even winning awards for his work. He helps them through his weblog, podcast, speaking, books, online programs, workshops, and conferences.