What's Co-Pilot all about exactly?Many lawyers ask "how exactly does Ernie Svenson help the lawyers who join the Co-Pilot program?"
“Ok, just want to put this out there and thank Ernie and all the other folks that have helped Zena and I. A few weeks ago, we tried something different and it was really life-changing.
January was probably our best month ever financially, but I was worn out and desperately needing a break. Problem was that I couldn’t imagine actually leaving town with the practice unattended. Then I thought what the heck, give it a shot.
We decided to try a “working vacation.” So we booked 10 days at Disney World (yea I know, but we love it). We headed to Florida with our laptops and thought we would see what happened.
Long story short, everything went great! We each billed about 3 hours a day in the morning before we went out to do all the fun stuff.
I was able to access all of our client files because everything is paperless and stored in the cloud.
I could dictate on my iPhone and then email it to my staff that were still working in the office. They could transcribe and send everything back for me to review. I could revise and then OK it, insert my signature and send it back to them to file.
I could return client phone calls from my cell phone using a special phone app so it looked like the call was coming from my office, even though I told them the truth. (Still they didn’t get my cell phone number.)
We use a cloud-based practice management software program. So we could bill and keep track of calendar appointments. Zena was able to book appointments for prospective and current clients.
We even ran bills while down in Florida. Took less than an hour to process invoices and then transfer money from trust to operating accounts.Now we are having the best February we’ve ever had.
We have been so impressed with how things went that now we are looking at renting an apartment in Florida and getting away at least once a month.
It was kind of hard for me to believe at first, but you really can run your practice from anywhere and be just as productive if you just invest in the right tools and take the time to set your practice up to take advantage of today’s technology.
So the short answer to the question of what do I do in the Co-Pilot program is this...
I help you figure out which technology tools to invest in and then help you use those tools effectively so you can streamline your practice in mind-boggling ways.
So that's the answer to the most common question about the Co-Pilot program.
3 More Questions
Here are the other most common questions.
1. What’s included in the program?
2. Do I get direct, personal access to you, and how much access do I get?
3. How will I know if the program is a good fit for me and my practice?
These are all important questions, so let me answer them one at a time…
1. What’s included in the program?
There are over 80 lessons (which you can scroll down and take a look at).
The lessons are grouped into several modules, such as:
- Foundational topics: mindset, vision for your firm, and defining your ideal practice
- Systems and streamlining, including task management, email efficiency, online scheduling tools and tactics, data security, backup, password management, and how to choose practice management software.
- Paperless law practice, including PDF skills training, cloud-document storage, best scanner options, and digital file management tools and practices.
- Automation, especially text automation such as creating form documents more quickly and reliably.
- Delegation & Outsourcing, including how to outsource legal work to part-time virtual assistants that you can hire on-demand on a per-project basis.
- Marketing fundamentals that you must know before hiring anyone or spending any money on advertisements of any kind.
- Referral Marketing and Online Marketing, essential strategies, and tactics—including the keys for creating a tasteful website that helps you attract your ideal clients in a steady stream in a low-cost way by using the power of automation.
- Resource Library with over 30 checklists, templates, short guides and workbooks
Live Monthly Webinars - I do two webinars each month, one related to operational topics, and one related to marketing. I frequently have special guests who have deep knowledge in a particular area related to operations marketing.
There's a Q&A session after each presentation where you can ask questions about anything you want, even if it’s not related to the topic I covered in the webinar.
The webinars are recorded for later viewing so if you can’t make it to the live session you can watch the whole event, including the Q&A session.
2. Do you get direct, personal access to me, and how much access do you get?
Yes, you get access to me in several ways. First, through the two live webinars that I just mentioned.
And you get immediate access to me right after you join because you and I will spend an hour together via video chat.
I'll get details about your practice and come up with a tailored plan, focusing on a FEW KEY THINGS that will lead to massive improvements over time.
After that, you'll get ongoing access to me via a private online chat area that I check every day, several times throughout the day. You can ask me questions there in the public discussion area, and not only get my advice but also get advice from other consultants that I allow to have access to the chat area.
And you will get advice and feedback from your fellow Co-Pilot members, who are all eager to help you build your practice (e.g. Patrick Slaughter is in the chat area, for example).
Also, you can send me a direct message in the chat area if you want to ask me something privately.
Finally, You'll also get emails from me once a week, with practical advice on how to improve your practice. And you can email me back if you have follow-up questions regarding that advice.
3. How will I know if the Co-Pilot program is a good fit for me and my practice?
I’m confident that you’ll find it helpful, but the best way for you to know is to sign up and check it out yourself. You can try it risk-free for 30 days because if (for any reason) during the first 30 days you decide that the Co-Pilot program is not for you then let me know and I’ll refund the money you paid.
If you decide to stay in the program you will be billed automatically each month until you decide to cancel, which you can do at any time for any reason.
The subscription price of the program has risen over time as I’ve added more content and created improvements. But your subscription will be locked in forever.
So, in other words, even though the subscription rate might continue to rise in the future you’ll never pay more than the monthly rate you signed up at.
So, the bottom line is this: you have no downside to trying the program for 30 days, and you have a lot of upsides if you decide to stay in the program.
So, if you’re ready to get started with improving your practice. here’s what to do.
Scroll ALL THE WAY DOWN and click on the button at the very bottom to register today.
Do you still have questions about the program?
Click below to schedule a free 30-minute call with me (Ernie Svenson)
For the past decade, he's been dedicated to teaching solo and small firm lawyers how to harness the power of systems and technology to transform their practices in mind-boggling ways.